Urgent Assistance Needed: Domain Propagation Delay for Netlify DNS Configuration

Dear Netlify Support Team,

I hope this message reaches you in good spirit. I am writing concerning a critical issue that is presently affecting the deployment of my website through your esteemed service.

Furthermore, I own the domain [acomunity.com] which is acomunity.netlify.app (http://acomunity.com/), registered with Domain Cost Club, and I am encountering unexpected delays in the DNS propagation process after configuring it to use Netlify’s hosting services.

Approximately 19 hours have passed since I updated my domain’s DNS settings to point to Netlify’s nameservers. However, I have not observed any signs of propagation, which is unusually long based on the typical timeframe I anticipated for DNS changes to take effect.

Below is a summary of the steps I have completed in this regard:

1. I have updated the DNS settings at my registrar to include all four of Netlify’s nameservers as recommended.

2. I have double-checked each entry for accuracy to ensure no human error is at play.

3. I have patiently awaited propagation, fully aware it can vary, but expected to see at least some progressive changes by now.

Given this delay, I’m reaching out to confirm the following:

1. Whether Netlify has detected any issues on its end that might be causing or contributing to this delay.

2. If there are any additional verification or configuration steps that I may have overlooked and need to complete from within my Netlify dashboard.

3. If there is any guidance or troubleshooting steps you can provide that could expedite the resolution of this issue.

This domain setup is critical for my operations, and a speedy resolution to this matter is of the utmost importance. Your expertise and prompt assistance would be invaluable in diagnosing and resolving this issue so that my site can go live as intended.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this matter. I eagerly await your knowledgeable response and am ready to provide any further details needed to expedite this process.

Warm regards,

James E. Wall

The above is incorrect @acomunity

$ whois acomunity.com | egrep '^Name Server'
Name Server: z1.dccdns.com
Name Server: z2.dccdns.com
Name Server: z3.dccdns.com
Name Server: z4.dccdns.com

Ergo everything else you have mentioned is irrelevant at this point.

Well those were the 4 DNS Servers that Netlify Provided

Point your domain’s name servers to Netlify

To use Netlify DNS, go to your domain registrar and change your domain’s name servers to the following custom hostnames assigned to your DNS zone.

I do not see the DNS Servers you mentioned.

The DNS servers in my previous message are likely the default for the domain registrar. This means, as I was trying to indicate, you have not updated the DNS settings at your registrar otherwise the dns?.p07.nsone.net name servers would have appeared.

Well I did do this I stated that in my original support ticket to Netlify in which they asked me to open a Support Threat here on the public forum.

I am using Domain Cost Club

Perhaps I need to add the APEX Record instead of trying to add the 4 DNS Servers that I already added to my Domain Registrar.

Using external DNS configuration is a good option here are the changes you say you have made are not reflected.

Here’s a quick guide

Here is the related documentation

Ok I have decided to go with External DNS I was hoping you guys would be able to help us get Netlify DNS enabled with The Domain Cost Club I use. It offers Custom Zone Editing so In theory there should be clear instructions for What I need enter in the fields

Record Name
Record Type
Record Value
TTL

That is what I need I tried the External DNS but I would like to know if it is possible
to add the NS to my Custom Zone Editor and get the Netlify DNS benefits.

Also on the Zone Editor Page of my Registrar says this warning notice

Warning! Some services may consider this zone as incorrect as it does not have any NS servers specified. You can add those by hand or use ‘Add Default NS’ button below if you are not sure on servers to use.

This is information you will need to get from The Domain Cost Club support.

What do you mean I want to use the Netlify DNS I just want to add it Domain Cost Club why is this so hard?

@acomunity It’s not “so hard”, but unless you have an Enterprise account then Netlify is largely self-service.

You’re also dealing with community members that aren’t paid and cannot access your account, the best we can do is point you to the various self-service documentation.

Netlify has provided the required name server records. You need to replace your current name servers with those provided by Netlify. You’re right @acomunity, this is not hard. But neither Netlify Support nor I can tell you how to do this as we have no access to your account on The Domain Cost Club. If you are having issues adding/editing records through The Domain Cost Club then you will need to contact The Domain Cost Club support to determine what you need to do.

|Record Name|Record Type|Record Value|Comment|TTL|Created|Updated|Actions|

@ |A | 75.2.60.5 | 1/2 Hour | 25-FEB-24 | 25-FEB-24
www| CNAME | acomunity.netlify.app | |1/2 Hour | 25-FEB-24 | 25-FEB-24|

These are the 2 Records I have to add for External DNS do I also have to manually add these NS Addresses

Name servers

Point your domain’s name servers to Netlify

To use Netlify DNS, go to your domain registrar and change your domain’s name servers to the following custom hostnames assigned to your DNS zone.

No, you do not add the name servers @acomunity when using external DNS configuration.

Your site is now working. Well done.

Thank You I still don’t know how I would go about adding Subdomains but I guess we will find someone in our Community that knows what to do.

You use the same process @acomunity as for the www subdomain as outlined here

I tried with another Domain http://acom.family and I used the exact same instructions you gave me for the ACOMUnity.com Domain.

I am not sure why its not working you will see what it says below.

Site Not Found

Looks like you’ve followed a broken link or entered a URL that doesn’t exist on Netlify.

this is the link I am forwarding

acomfamily.netlify.app

Why isn’t this one working like the other one I have set exactly the same way.

Have you assigned acom.family as a custom domain to a site?

Thanks for all your responses so far dig and nathan!! I really appreciate it.

Indeed, @acomunity, I’m not seeing the domain acom.family attached to a site. You’ll need to create a new site on Netlify and Add a Custom Domain to it. Then you can repeat the DNS process.

1 Like