Safari can't find server

Hi, I’m having this weird issue. All of a sudden my website ( gracious-wescoff-35e960) can’t be found on Safari. I get the error message:

“Safari can’t find the server”

In Chrome and Firefox the website shows up.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this issue? The website is already hosted some time on Netlify, and all this time it worked just fine in Safari.

Thanks for your help,

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Hmm, that’s strange. I can get to your site using safari so maybe it’s a cache or weird cookie issue?

Can you try accessing your site using a Private Window in Safari? ( File > New Private Window ). If it loads that way, you may just need to clear your cache and/or cookies.

Thanks,
Seth

2 Likes

I want to echo what seth said - I am seeing it load perfectly in safari on my machine:

it must be something local - let us know if you figure it out!

1 Like

Hi Guys, thanks for checking into this. I followed Seth’s advice and started a new Private Window in Safari. Now the website is showing up.

It was a client who signalled this issue with Safari to me. I also checked it on my iPhone and also there I get the “Safari cannot find server” error.

Greetings,

Anthony

Hi @acandael.

If a Netlify server is responding then we would ask for you to send us the x-nf-request-id header for the response.

As it would seem that there is no response that won’t be possible. These are the details that header replaces:

• the complete URL requested
  • the IP address for the system making the request
  • the IP address for the CDN node that responded (or the returned by the DNS lookup)
  • the day of the request
  • the time of the request
  • the timezone the time is in

In order to troubleshoot, we’ll need as many of those details as possible. As we cannot reproduce the issue, we’ll need you to send us those details as we have no access to them.

Would you please send us a much of that information as you have available?