Publish to root

Hi there, sorry for the noob question, but is there a way I can publish to root with a non-root base directory? My repo contains a lot of things, research, data sources, but only one contains the site (/site). Very typical of course. But I don’t want to have to go to beta.swymm.org/site to be able to see the app, it needs to just be deployed to the root. What can I do? There is no build involved at all, it’s purely static files.

hi there, if you are just deploying html, and not generating anything, you can just let the build command etc be blank.

here is some more detailed information on that:

Yes, I know. That’s not the problem. The problem is that specifying /site as the base forces me to have /site as the publish dir, but I need to publish into /.

Oh—I think I misunderstood what was meant by base and publish. I take it that base is only used when there’s a build process, and publish is the path to be deployed?

yes, that is correct. The setup is supposed to be very flexible, so that it’ll work with the requirements of a already-static site, even with a nested folder structure, as well as the requirements of an SSG.

So the “normal” case for SSG building would be to pull the src from the base folder, and output the generated files into the build.

If you already have html, you can just point the netlify to whichever dir those html files are in (by setting that path as the publish value) and it should Just Work.