I18n the URL part / slug

Hi,

love the i18n feature of the CMS. But having some issue with creating slugs honoring the i18n part. Please see my config:

i18n:
  structure: multiple_folders
  locales: [ de, en]

collections:
  - name: "blog"
    label: "Blog"
    folder: "src/pages/blog"
    create: true
    slug: "{{title}}"
    path: '{{year}}-{{month}}-{{day}}/{{title}}/index'
    i18n: true
    fields:
      - {label: "Title", name: "title", i18n: true, widget: "string"}

So the main problem is, that {{title}} is always the title of my first language (here “de”). When querying graphql my slug also contains just the german version of the title. Same with the path of course.

So this leaves me with a blog entry URL which is not localized in my gatsby setup (apart from the “/en” in the middle of the URL, but not the final parts with the title).

Do i miss something in the configuration? I translated the title of course in the authoring UI. See also my GraphQL Query result:

{
  "data": {
    "allMarkdownRemark": {
      "nodes": [
        {
          "id": "f7ef10a5-e0ce-563e-b555-ee08137ba1c4",
          "excerpt": "Alles in deutsch",
          "fields": {
            "slug": "/blog/de/2020-12-29/alles-in-deutsch/"
          },
          "frontmatter": {
            "title": "Alles in deutsch"
          }
        },
        {
          "id": "dc521efb-ca95-5f6a-bf12-1a403e43d22c",
          "excerpt": "All in Englisch",
          "fields": {
            "slug": "/blog/en/2020-12-29/alles-in-deutsch/"
          },
          "frontmatter": {
            "title": "All in Englisch"
          }
        },
 }
1 Like

Hi there! Thanks for your interest in Netlify CMS. Looks like you posted your question a little while ago, but that you haven’t received a solution yet. Here’s where you might get more help:

netlifycms.org - the site houses our extensive documentation that likely contains helpful information to get you back on track.

netlify cms slack - join our friendly slack channel and chat with other cms pros to get the help you need.

GitHub Issues - think you’ve found a bug, or would like to make a feature request? Make your voice heard here. Netlify CMS is open source - PRs and other contributions are also welcome!

Stack Overflow Check StackOverflow for questions tagged “Netlify CMS” if you don’t get an answer in the Slack or the GH issues. StackOverflow reaches a worldwide audience of knowledgeable people.

Your question will be left open here for anyone to comment - but we encourage you to check out the above resources if you are still looking for a solution!