Docs scroll issue

Hi,
The docs website (e.g. Manage deploys | Netlify Docs) have a scrolling issue. Whn I try to scroll down while reading it automatically scroll some part up. It is very difficult to read the docs.

I checked in different browser and in private/incognito mode too. The error persist in all cases. Please do the needful.

Thanks.

2 Likes

hi there sohelahmed, thanks for letting us know about this.

can you possibly make a screen recording of what you are seeing? we haven’t been able to reproduce so far. thanks, that would be very helpful.

@sohelahmed I’m not seeing that. Are you perhaps using a computer with one of those awful touchpads that causes all kinds of issues if you happen to touch it inadvertently?

I am using external keyboard and mouse, not using touchpad of laptop

I have recorded the screen.

How can I upload a video here. It only allows me to upload image here. Is there is any way i can email you the video?

Here the GIF goes

netlify

Also please see scroll bar on the right side

Edit- GIF did not work out well here in discourse.

I will be happy to email the video if you share your email address

Do you have another device you can use to check this behavior?

i am checking into my mobile …

This error is not reproduced in the mobile. Also not reproduced on app.netlify.com , netlify.com or any other external domain

thanks for checking that, sohelahmed! can you tell us which browser you are seeing this behaviour on, which operating system, and whether you have any browser extensions running?

thank you!

I am using Ubuntu 18.04 OS

I am facing problem in Google chrome (with lot of extension installed) Version 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)
& Mozilla Firefox 75.0 (64-bit) (with not a single extension installed)

I Google Chrome Guest mode I cannot reproduce the issue. It works fine. Previously I was able to reproduce issue there too but currently it is working fine now.

In Mozilla Firefox in private window, I am able to reproduce the issue.

@perry Just as a data point, I do not see this behavior in a Firefox private window on macOS.

thank you for sharing those details! it seems like this must be related to firefox on ubuntu.

We will look into this and see if we can rectify!

1 Like

I’m experiencing this as well, using FF 77.0.1 (not Private Browsing) on MacOS - Catalina.

All pages of the docs - once the scroll is roughly 2/3 down the page, the page jumps back to the top.

I’ve tried “sneaking” down the page by scrolling reeeeally slow, but looks like there is a point where a jump back to the top is triggered no matter what. The page will not reach the bottom and stay there.

For different doc pages, the point seems to change. As in, some pages (shorter pages from what I can tell) I’m able to make it almost to the bottom/footer before it jumps back up. Longer pages, it’s usually about ~2/3 - ~3/4 of the way down that triggers the jump back up.

Been trying to find a work around for a few days now but so far, nada.

Safari seems fine, I can scroll all the way down and stay there with no issues.
I do not have Chrome installed at this time.

1 Like

hi there, thanks for tracking this - we have made a note of it and will get you an update here once we have had a chance to work on this! So sorry for the inconvenience in the mean time :expressionless:

no worries, thank you for the reply, it’s not a blocker for me on any projects
thank you for the effort in resolving it!

I have the exact same issue. It is very annoying - MacOS with Chrome.
I cannot scroll down, it keeps jumping to the top

I just checked the docs using Chrome and macOS. No issues – the pages display as expected.

I have the EXACT SAME ISSUE. Please fix this! I can’t read the docs at all because of this. I’m so surprised that netlify has such an issue!! I’m on Windows Home 8.1 and my Chrome version Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit). And I have been noticing this since the last couple of months!

I encountered the same issue on Mac OS X / chrome last week

@akhil Welcome to the Netlify community. I’m not saying this isn’t happening, but I still cannot duplicate this behavior in the following browsers:

• Brave
  • Chrome
  • Dissenter
  • Edge
  • Firefox
  • Opera
  • Safari
  • Tor

Running macOS 11 (Big Sur) now.