DNSSEC on Netlify

DNSSEC is urgently a must.

8 Likes

hi @BayuAngora - we’re already tracking requests for this! We know many people in the community are excited about us implementing DNSSEC. We will update things here as soon as we have anything to share :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would like to add my weigh in to DNSSEC please!

2 Likes

Any update about DNSSEC feature?

Nothing new on DNSSEC - I don’t see that changing anytime in the near future, Bayu. I’d suggest using a different DNS provider than us if that is a priority for you.

Any additional info about this? Is this on the roadmap somewhere, on the backlog, or just a “Won’t Do”?

I would love to use Netlify DNS - it would make it a lot easier to use custom domains with Netlify - but since I use my personal domain for personal email, DNSSEC is a must for me. It was disappointing to learn that Netlify doesn’t support it.

Hi @drmercer,

thanks for weighing in. I am going to check with a few people/teams and see if we can get a temperature check on this. I understand that it’s important for you!

1 Like

Any update on getting DNSSEC in the Netlify DNS? If it’s something Netlify doesn’t plan to implement, this would be nice to know in order to transfer LTS to other providers like Cloudflare and sort out the configurations.

Hi, @Hayden. There isn’t an official ETA of when or even if this feature will be available. If it does become available we will post an update here to let you know.

Unofficially, I would not expect to see this change soon. If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Any update on this? It would really be a great thing to have or to have netlify only have subdomains

Hi, @WhyDontYouWork. There are no active plans to implement this at this time. If this changes we will post an update here to let you know.

If you want to keep using DNSSEC don’t use Netlify DNS and use the external DNS instructions instead:

You can use DNSSEC with external DNS.

By the way, please do not crosspost the same question to multiple topics. It slows things down for our support team and doesn’t make the forum content any more useful.

1 Like

any update on this? with external DNS will auto certificates from lets encrypt still work?

Hi @WhyDontYouWork

Yes, if you using external DNS, any domain or subdomain served by Netlify will have SSL from Let’s Encrypt.