Build failing with non-zero exit code 1

Briefly summarize the issues you have been experiencing.
Hey all :wave:, while building, I get non-zero exit code 1 while webpack is processing some lodash modules from node_modules. Weird because I have a project using an identical webpack/babel config that builds without issues on Netlify.

Please provide a link to your live site hosted on Netlify
https://typvp.netlify.com

What have you tried as far as troubleshooting goes? Do you have an idea what is causing the problem?

1. Building locally works fine
  2. Building projects with similar/exact webpack configs work fine on Netlify

Do you have any other information that is relevant, such as links to docs, libraries, or other resources?

^ Logs attached above

Hi @kysley, If you clone the repo in to a new directory and run yarn to install the dependencies, then run your build command, does it install and build as expected?

Hey @futuregerald, just tried this. Everything installs and builds as expected when cloning into a new directory :face_with_monocle:

seems like you got it worked out in the meantime? You have a few successful builds at the top of your deploys list now. Enquiring minds would love to know what the fix was (or if this fool guessed wrong ;))

(looks like my reply from the weekend got ate up somewhere in the internet) So– yup! your suggested fix ended up letting the actual error bubble up.

edit: the fix came from your reply to my email. Said fix was

remove --progress from your webpack build command

Interesting enough, the error that was causing gripe on your build vm’s wasn’t present on my local machine- but nonetheless i was able to solve the issue :)) Thanks for continuing to be the best!

1 Like