Where are you from?

Hey! :wave: I’m from the UK (Devon) but living in Los Angeles for 3 years now.

4 Likes

Puerto Rican born and raised. Arlington, VA (US) these days.

3 Likes

Hello friends, I am a Nigerian and live in Nigeria; how can I build my personal website?.

4 Likes

Hi. I am from Costa Rica, based in San Jose. :costa_rica:

3 Likes

Hey,
I’m from germany, a city next to Hamburg in Schleswig Holstein. My home is less than 1 kilometer away from Hamburg!

4 Likes

I’m from Zaandam , the Netherlands :slight_smile: :netherlands:

3 Likes

Hey folks, I’m from Belfast, Northern Ireland. I’m currently living in London, England.

I do a mix of CTO-style stuff and Ruby on Rails development.

I’m @tosbourn on twitter and write over at https://tosbourn.com

3 Likes

Hi there ! Hello from Paris, France. :fr::eu:

4 Likes

I’m from Bay City, TX but I live in Los Angeles, CA.

Hello, All!

4 Likes

Hi,

I’m from Hajdúszoboszló, a small city in Hungary. I studied and worked in Budapest for 10 years, but my wife and I wanted to move to the countryside, so we moved here ~4 months ago. :deciduous_tree::tomato::house_with_garden:

4 Likes

Hi,

just another Newbie from Mainz in Germany. I much appreciate state-of-the-art technology!

4 Likes

We all appreciate state-of-the-art technology ! :slight_smile: That’s how we got here ! Welcome @ng0177 !

2 Likes

I am looking for a chart or any visial depiction of the concept Netlify uses to deploy its sites using modern technologies. Do you happen to know where to find it? I am total newbie.

2 Likes

My first reflex would be reading the documentation (but I assume you already did), just in case :

Otherwise, you can find useful informations through the SSG you plan to use.

3 Likes

Here’s a depiction of the jamstack worfkow :

I hope you’ll find it valuable.

3 Likes

@amali: much appreciate your hints. After browsing through the docs, I am able to understand better what it says on my new site: Hugo is my SSG and Netlify uses JAMstack to publish it. The source code is on github (in my case). Is that it?

This is a boilerplate for using Hugo as a static site generator and Webpack as your asset pipeline. Victor Hugo setup to use PostCSS and Babel for CSS and JavaScript compiling/transpiling. This project is released under the MIT license. Please make sure you understand its implications and guarantees.

2 Likes

@ng0177 : More accurately, I would say Hugo is your static site generator using a JAMstack architecture and Netlify is a hosting and deploying service specially made for this kind of apps or websites. :wink:

Regarding Hugo, you can reach the Discourse community there :

3 Likes

@amalik Well said :slight_smile: Great - I am getting closer… Further questions I ask in How to get started on Hugo netlify? since the topic is more appropriate. Thanks again.

3 Likes

France Strasbourg, Hi all :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome @Kyliux ! Alsace in da place ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes