What happens if a free plan exceeds bandwidth and/or build minutes limit

What happens if a free plan exceeds bandwidth and/or build minutes limit? Does the site(s) in the account get «closed down» until the monthly reset takes place?

If a site in the free plan account have analytics add-on (paid Netlify service) and goes over bandwith and/or build minutes limit does this open up for Netlify billing the exceeding usage?

1 Like

Hey!

Good question. At present, we will not shut you off if you exceed the limits of the Starter plan. For metered services (analytics, forms, build minutes et cetera) you will be auto-enrolled on to the Level 1 instance of the service. You will be notified by email before this happens, at regular intervals, as your service usage gets closer to 100%.

It’s also important to note that we will not auto-enrol you back on to Level 0. We assume that your site, enterprise, project or business is going to require the additional usage of our services. However, at the end of your billing cycle and provided that payment has been made made, a button will appear within the UI for the applicable metered service, allowing you to downgrade.

The only exception I can think of is concurrent builds, but the premise for this is the same principle for all tiers: if your current number of builds is equal to your plan’s concurrent build allowance, any later builds will queue up until earlier builds are completed.

MD ABUL HASAN

@ShototaSaS - what is your question? this seems unrelated. are you trying to spam us?

i am realy scared of this, i dont remember this being like this long ago when i decided to use netlify, the inhability to limit how expensive a project could get is a nightmare, and for what ive seen on this forums it can get realy expensive for someone like me (im latino we dont get payed much), dont get me wrong if the site needs more vews i know and im willing to pay to have more people reaching the website, but i need the hability to set limits on netlify.

if a site i create does realy good/bad it would be awesome for the idea to work, but it would be very bad for my wallet and i would be forced to take it down and search for other alternatives to host the site.