What does a person need to do to get help around here

I always see users saying Netlify support “you are the best!” but
it seems that support picks and chooses who they want to help!

I’ve used Netlify on and off for sometime now and have posted questions on this forum with no help in return. I’ve read posts like “Great questions get great answers”, forum rules…

I’ve re-edited my posts to target my specific questions and nobody ever replies. I feel like my questions are legit.

What am I doing wrong?

1. Should I just go elsewhere and advocate that I’ve had bad experience with getting any kind of support and wouldn’t recommend?

2. Stick around and feel subpar and figure things out on my own because im using the free plan?

hey @leeghwrd!

Let me tell you a little about how Support at Netlify works :slight_smile:

We have a team of 8 that helps literally hundreds of thousands of customers world wide, from Enterprise customers who pay us big $$$$ per month to receive same-day premium support (and, i would point out that paying customers allow us to provide a free tier. Our team, infrastructure etc are not free just because they are free to you). We are a business, after all.

But next to being a business we are actually a business that is connected to the world that we live in, the world that we serve, which is why we are providing hands on support to hundreds of Covid-19 relief effort websites that people are building to coordinate care and donations worldwide free of charge.

All these factors do create a scenario where people who use our services for free may have to wait a day (or, in some cases, a few days, we wish the time were shorter, but, we are being realistic, here) to get answers to sometimes complicated problems.

In your case i see one other post from 22 hours ago we were not able to respond to:

https://answers.netlify.com/t/conditionally-trigger-deploy-preview-from-github-pull-request/13065

if there are other posts you have made in the past (maybe under a different account?) then that seems unfortunate. We do answer every single question by every single customer as soon as time allows. More complex questions (and github status checks involve input from multiple teams, here, all of which have busy days. I can’t just go ask a handful of engineers to drop what they are doing) sometimes take a little longer.

I hope that answers your questions. If you need more information on how we work or what to expect from us, you are welcome to ask.

1 Like

Since you put it that way it does make sense. Im not trying to be negative. Im in the real world myself dealing with this pandemic and I see all of these sites. Why unlist my post? Makes me wonder how many other unsatisfied users their are. Like a bot catches all the posts that maybe bad for “business”. We only see the people with good experiences? I will just remove my account. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT

The post is now relisted after I took the time (in which I could be helping people!) to write up a response that portrays how we work accurately. I stand 100% behind the support team and the integrity with which we operate. We are consistently committed to providing the best support we can, even in adverse circumstances, and that is what I am going to go back to doing as soon as I reply here.

You are welcome to think on this, take a breath, and keep working with us to find solutions for what you need, or, if you want to decide to leave, that is a decision you can indeed make.

1 Like

already deleted my netlify account how do I delete my account for this forum?

At the time of my reply, I’m not a Netlify employee or affiliated with any monetary compensation from Netlify. Take my answers to the concerns here with purely objective views. I’m taking this time to answer you because I feel it needs some addressing from an objective view.

I always see users saying Netlify support “you are the best!” but it seems that support picks and chooses who they want to help!

I’ve never seen this and there is no evidence of picking and choosing what questions get answered anywhere within the Netlify organization. In my observation, Netlify support and engineers always go above and beyond to answer questions. The community does their best to also help each other out because we all love and value the FREE offerings by Netlify.

I’ve used Netlify on and off for sometime now and have posted questions on this forum with no help in return. I’ve read posts like “Great questions get great answers”, forum rules…
I’ve re-edited my posts to target my specific questions and nobody ever replies. I feel like my questions are legit.

There are thousands of sites on Netlify and the scale and magnitude of these numbers make it impossible for every question to be answered immediately and quickly in a free forum community. Even as active as this one is.

What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. Although you might be misinterpreting how you are being slighted.

1. Should I just go elsewhere and advocate that I’ve had bad experience with getting any kind of support and wouldn’t recommend?

Ok, that’s one choice, but I’m sure you don’t really feel this type of statement is beneficial to anyone. I think you can really think this through and see it’s just not the way to get an answer. Although, you did get me to answer you, so it worked to some extent.

1. Stick around and feel subpar and figure things out on my own because im using the free plan?

Ok, another choice you could make. Sounds like you aren’t going to be a happy camper either way. Kinda bums me out because I think once you use Netlify long enough on the free plan, you will understand why almost everyone is so happy with Netlify.

I read a ton of questions on this forum and have NEVER seen the frustration you are showing in this thread. Maybe just take some time, think it through and see if you might like to change your mind. Otherwise, everyone in the community wishes you luck in the next service you use.

1 Like

thank you @talves. Means a lot to us all to hear that from you!

1 Like