Using nic.is with Netlify / setting a TTL of 86400

Hi @luke - can you please do the same for arkio.is as soon as possible? Thanks!

Hi, @hilmarg, welcome to the Netlify community site. :+1:

This TTL has been updated as well.

Thanks for the quick reply @luke!

Hi @luke - would you change the TTL for joc.is as well please?

Hi,

have just joined Netlify and wanted to set up a custom domain. These domains aren’t available directly with Netlify so I am trying to register with the main provider.

The problem is that I get near the end of the registration process where it asks for the name servers. I enter those and submit and get an error saying that the TTL is set too low (currently 3600) and should be set to 84600 or higher.

On setting a custom domain in the Netlify domains panel it adds two DNS records that I can’t modify with the setting of 3600.

This is stopping me registering the domain. Please help.

Hi there,

We will be able to modify the records after you purchase the domain and set up our DNS hosting (but, before the registrar will let you migrate). What domain are you setting up here? You should be able to configure it via our UI, tell me the domain name, and I can adjust the TTL for you. Then, the registrar will accept the update to our nameservers. But as it stands, you’ve told us nothing about your usage (domain name, or netlify account name), so…please help us help you :slight_smile:

Totally missed your first post there, @Jocphone , where you answer my question :man_facepalming:

Just got that TTL updated:

$ dig -t ns joc.is @dns1.p03.nsone.net

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> -t ns joc.is @dns1.p03.nsone.net
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 666
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 4, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;joc.is.				IN	NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
joc.is.			86401	IN	NS	dns1.p03.nsone.net.
joc.is.			86401	IN	NS	dns2.p03.nsone.net.
joc.is.			86401	IN	NS	dns3.p03.nsone.net.
joc.is.			86401	IN	NS	dns4.p03.nsone.net.

Thanks erm… @fool ?

Have added the nameservers at ISNIC again and the request is waiting in their queue.

It still says 3600 for the TTL settings on my Netlify dashboard but I assume that these things take time to update?

Thanks for your help,

Joc

Not sure where you’re looking, but I don’t see any mention of TTL records for your NS records in our dashboard. They are only shown in the UI for our DNS hosting provider as far as I know :slight_smile:

The individual HOST records shown in the dashboard will be under 1 day TTL, but the icelandic nic does not seem to care about those :slight_smile:

OK thanks. That had me confused.

I would appreciate the TTL update on mugga.is

thx!

Hi, @macaroni, the TTLs for NS records for mugga.is have been updated on our DNS service now. :+1:

1 Like

Could you update the TTL for apb.is as well?

Thanks!

Hi, @davidarnarsson. Done! :smiley:

1 Like

hey @cmiller , we have updated that TTL for you now. You should be good to go.

1 Like

took care of that for you, @drcongo.

1 Like

I have the same problem when Isnic.is is validating my domain johannesfreyr.is. It requires minimum TTL of 86400 sec. Is there any way to changes this through my dashboard dns settings?

Could you update TTL=86400 for szh.is ?

Just got that fixed for johannesfreyr.is as well as szh.is, folks.

1 Like

Can you update the TTL for park.is? Thank you in advance!