Steps to reproduce the issue:
- The Netlify Identity Registration Setting is set to Invite Only
- Use the Netlify Identity screen to Invite a user. Netlify sends the user an email with a link to “Accept the Invite”
- The user clicks the link and arrives at my site: https://objective-booth-388c10.netlify.com/#invite_token=[TheTokenWasHere]
- I use this gotrue.js method to confirm the user: auth.confirm(token);
- This is where the issue occurs. Instead of confirming the user, the system logs a console error (see screenshot below): Invited users must specify a password.
But, it looks like the auth.confirm method does not have a password parameter. I see no way of supplying the needed password.
How do send the user’s password?
What is the high-level overview of how to process invite-only signups with gotrue-js & Netlify Identity?