Sitename: prod-razorfish.netlify.app
Custom DNS: prod.razorfish.com
DNS Issue: custom_domain is owned by another account

Activity Completed: prod.razorfish.com --> CNAME --> prod-razorfish.netlify.app

Have opened a case: Case #: 38155
Have added TXT entry on the DNS

Not sure what else i can do?

hi there,

I see your case in the helpdesk - we will be responding to there as soon as we are able to, but it is also possible that someone might have other ideas - i’ll leave this forum post open.

thanks perry. looking forward to a response.

Any update on this. More than happy to pay for an expedited answer. Please let me know.

Hi, @vsundar, we replied to the support ticket but I also wanted to answer here for others reading this topic.

This is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

https://app.netlify.com/sites/SITE-NAME/settings/domain#custom-domains > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

Luke as stated above I have added the TXT record. Can you please verify and remove the other association.

The DNS zone on the other account has been deleted now, @vsundar.

If there are any questions or if you still cannot add the custom domain, please let us know.