Two forms, one page?

The other form would not related; we index by name.

We won’t remove a form from your dashboard that was previously deployed unless you ask, even if you make one or one hundred later deploys without it, so that remaining is expected but again not related to things not working with the join_Prabhat form.

Your current deploy has NO form with that name - I just downloaded it and looked.

So I think the problem is that you deployed it once awhile ago in an html file, and that is the definition your current javascript submission uses. Please create an explicit, separate, html file with the definition including all fields that might be submitted via your javascript submission.

I don’t understand, what should I change in the new file? A new form name or any other change in the form code?

You can try a new form name but you need to make sure that the html that contains your form code is included in your publish directory.

u mean the public directory in the rook folder right when u type ‘hugo’ in cmd

Right, for hugo, your static html form will need to either exist in your public/ folder or in your static/ folder (which gets included in your public/ folder at build time.

i changed the form name, removed public folder and generated again, still receiving empty form only. :frowning:
for now, i’m using formspree plugin

Perhaps you had two separate copies of the form with the same name, and one was empty? That would certainly create problems.

Anyway, glad to hear you found a workaround!

Hi friends,

The form is working fine now.

The solution to this issue:
Removed one form from the page (2nd one was the contact form in the footer) and the 1st form (join-Prabhat) worked. As I had already guessed that

Netlify doesn’t accept 2 forms in one page (https://community.netlify.com/t/2-forms-in-one-page-doesnt-work/6201)

Thank you all for your time. Its a bug to be reported to netlify. How to report it? and there has to be delete option for unused forms from the dashboard as it causes confusion.

hi @TenSketch, if you can tell us the name of your form, we can delete it for you. At the moment, it is not possible for you to delete a form through the UI (we are working on this, but don’t have a timeline for implementation)

Hi,

these are the 2 forms to be deleted,

join_Prabhat

and

join-Prabhat

Hi, I have the same problem with 2 forms and almost broke my head trying to resolve it but as I see now it is still WIP from Netlify’s side.

On the other hand, my main form is not obtaining the data in forms report and just shows blanks even though forms gets submitted and one point I think it even worked too prior to me getting into this whole issue and starting messing with code (even though my footer subscriptions works perfectly and code’s are exactly the same)

Anyone can have a look at why my code wouldn’t obtain the data:

<form action="POST" data-netlify="true">
              <hr>
              <div class="row">
                <div class="col-md-6">
                  <div class="form-group">
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="First Name">
                  </div>
                </div>
                <div class="col-md-6">
                  <div class="form-group">
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="Last Name">
                  </div>
                </div>
                <div class="col-md-6">
                  <div class="form-group">
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="Email">
                  </div>
                </div>
                <div class="col-md-6">
                  <div class="form-group">
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="Phone Number">
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
              <div class="row">
                <div class="col-md-12">
                  <div class="form-group">
                    <textarea class="form-control" placeholder="Message"></textarea>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <div class="col-md-12">
                  <div class="form-group">
                    <div data-netlify-recaptcha="true"></div>
                    <input type="submit" value="Submit" class="btn btn-outline-danger btn-block">
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
            </form>

This one is footer that is perfectly working:

Our Newsletter

Enter Your Email Below:

Temporary solution:
You should use an external plugin like FORMSPREE in your first form

or

remove the form in the footer

Netlify developers have to note this as a bug and work on it.

Hi, @NetlifyUser2020, and welcome to our community site.

The following form HTML would not work at Netlify:

<form action="POST" data-netlify="true">

This is trying to submit the form to a path of “POST”. This should be changed to the following:

<form method="POST" data-netlify="true">

The method and not the action should be “POST”.

Would you please try making that change and let us know if it doesn’t resolve the issue?

@TenSketch, I believe we found the root cause and it wasn’t at bug at Netlify. :wink:

Wow! Thank You so much Man!

It, indeed, worked!
Both forms are working now simultaneously and I get the details in the Netlify Form menu when I submit them.

P.S. tho: However, just to let you know too, only the second form below shows captcha on the screen and asks to do the regular captcha verification stuff, whereas, the first big contact form does not show any captcha validation.

Thanks a lot nevertheless!!!

P.P.S. Sorry, the system wouldn’t allow me to post screenshots

P.P.P.S: Sorry, was a bit under the weather yesterday, so didnt reply right away

HI luke,
I have been using only this <form method="POST" data-netlify="true"> from the beginning. But only one form (2nd form in the page) always works. Only when I removed the 2nd form, it worked.

Yup - known issue that the recaptcha will only work on one form per page; if you need it on two forms, you need two pages. I’ll follow up in this thread if that behavior changes in the future.

Not only recaptcha, also only one form works in page! I don’t think anyone has found the solution yet!

I think our staff are out of time to help any more on this one, so I’d suggest using two separate pages for your forms since maybe that will help better.

There is no native problem with using two forms on a single page here (except no double recaptcha is possible), but we have to draw the line somewhere on how much time our staff can spend on any one problem for free customers.

have already done that, thanks!