Troubleshooting info missing from forms documentation (Akismet)

Hi! I was working on a form and for some reason, even when I had everything setup correctly, I was not receiving my submissions. Then I figured that maybe it was because Askimet was rejecting it because I was using an email like test@test.com. I tried real information and everything worked perfectly. I felt pretty silly afterwards. :sweat_smile:

I love that forms are filtered that way, it’s really great and I got to test it by pure chance.

I also think that maybe the form docs could be improved by adding a warning about that. I spent a long time trying to figure out what was wrong with my code, when actually everything was fine.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about that trouble, and thanks so much for that suggestion! We’ll be enhancing our docs around spam filtering (and exposing entries that we marked as spam for you to see in the UI too) in the short term.

1 Like

I’ve got some news to share - the spam management UI that @fool mentioned has now been released! Check out the blog announcement and updated Forms documentation to learn more.

Thanks @guayom for the suggestion about adding troubleshooting info to the docs! While updating the docs to include information about the new spam management UI, we also added some tips on how to avoid having your test submissions flagged as spam in the first place.

1 Like

That’s awesome! Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like