Trouble with netlify large media and authorization

Hello, I’m having some issues getting a repo set up on a new machine. The project is using git lfs, and netlify large media. Everything seemed to be working on my desktop, but now I’m having issues getting the project set up on this laptop.

Currently, when I run git lfs pull I get the following error:

panic: runtime error: slice bounds out of range [:6] with length 0

goroutine 1 [running]:
github.com/netlify/netlify-credential-helper/credentials.getCredentials(0x17e3400, 0xc00000e010, 0x17e3440, 0xc00000e018, 0xc0001525b0, 0x1732c60)
	/home/david/src/github.com/netlify/netlify-credential-helper/credentials/credentials.go:127 +0xd27
github.com/netlify/netlify-credential-helper/credentials.handleCommand(0x7ffeefbffa89, 0x3, 0x17e3400, 0xc00000e010, 0x17e3440, 0xc00000e018, 0x16988a0, 0xc000418301)
	/home/david/src/github.com/netlify/netlify-credential-helper/credentials/credentials.go:66 +0x7c
github.com/netlify/netlify-credential-helper/credentials.HandleCommand()
	/home/david/src/github.com/netlify/netlify-credential-helper/credentials/credentials.go:53 +0x309
main.main()
	/home/david/src/github.com/netlify/netlify-credential-helper/cmd/netlify-credential-helper/main.go:6 +0x20
Username for 'https://e587b35e-fd58-4ec3-934d-5b92f88ad9fe.netlify.app':

running netlify lm:info:

✔ Checking Git version [2.29.2]
  ✔ Checking Git LFS version [2.13.2]
  ✔ Checking Git LFS filters
  ✔ Checking Netlify's Git Credentials version [0.1.9]

running netlify status:

──────────────────────┐
 Current Netlify User │
──────────────────────┘
Name:  Nathan Gross
Email: nathan@bldg13.com
Teams:
  Nathan Gross's team: Owner Collaborator
────────────────────┐
 Netlify Site Info  │
────────────────────┘
Current site: ragledesign
Netlify TOML: /Users/nathan/Code/ragledesign/netlify.toml
Admin URL:    https://app.netlify.com/sites/ragledesign
Site URL:     https://ragledesign.netlify.app
Site Id:      e587b35e-fd58-4ec3-934d-5b92f88ad9fe

Not sure where else to look. Thanks in advance!

After looking back through the requirements doc, I noticed:

“After running these commands, you will be presented with a custom command to run in order to use Netlify Large Media in your shell. Copy and run this command.”

I don’t get any custom command after running netlify plugins:install netlify-lm-plugin and
netlify lm:install

Is there any documentation of what these commands are?

Hi, @nathangross. The command is specific to the operating system, user home directory, and the shell used. For example, this is my command with a home directory of /User/luke with bash on MacOS:

. /Users/luke/.netlify/helper/path.bash.inc

The “.” is an alias for “source” in bash. The command source is much like require in other languages and loads the specified file into the shell environment.

The instructions also then suggest adding this to your shell profile (which is /Users/luke/.bash_profile for me) so it is loaded automatically whenever a new session is started.

If you tell me the OS, home directory, and shell - then I can share my best guess as to what the command should be.