Transfer all domains registered with Netlify to another registrar (DNSimple)

Hi, I would like to know how can I transfer all the domains I registered via Netlify to another registrar, DNSimple.

I noticed there’s a small guideline at the end of the domain’s page on Netlify dashboard. It’s advising to create an accoun with Name.com. However, I’m already using DNSimple and paying for it.

How can I proceed?

Hello @renatocarvalho, DNSimple is a DNS provider. It is not registrar. If you want to use that DNS provider instead of our default one, you will want to have your domain transferred to you control within Name.com. This will allow you do change the nameservers for the domain that will allow you to use DNSimple.

That said, if you want to proceed, please go ahead and follow the small guideline you mentioned and we’ll go from there.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I just did that. However, when I send the message, I receive a feedback saying to post my request here on the community.

Should I post the domain transfer request here? With my Name.com account id? :thinking:

You could direct message the account id to me if you want and I can note it internal so we can process your request.

Thanks for the quick feedback Dennis. I just sent my Name.com ID directly to you.

Here are the domains I would like to transfer to Name.com:

Hi, @renatocarvalho. When I tried to transfer the domains I get the following error:

ERROR: The contact information for the receiving account has not been verified. Press Transfer Domain to continue the transfer process without changing domain contacts. Or, verify the domain contacts from the new account and try again later

Would you please verify your account details at Name.com and let us know when this is complete? Once this is done we’ll be happy to try the domain transfers again.

1 Like

Renato,
I have a similar problem to that you described.
Have you been able to “verify your account details”. I have not been able to at Namesecure

@g.seaver, the can only transfer the domain where it is registered - transferring it from Netlify’s account directly to an account controlled by the person that owns the domain.

All domains registered at Netlify are registered using Name.com (as Netlify isn’t a domain registrar - only a reseller).

However, once the domain is transferred to someone’s account at Name.com they can control it directly there without using Netlify as the intermediary.

Once this is done, the domain owner can administer it at Name.com. This includes transferring it from Name.com to any other registrar as well.

However, the first step is always to transfer from Netlify’s Name.com account to someone’s personal (or business) account there. Once you have direct control there, what you do next is completely up to you.

We’re always happy to assist with domain transfers so if there are other questions about this, please let us know and we’ll do our best to answer.

The verification process is very confusing. I think I know managed to verify.

@renatocarvalho, those domains have been successfully transferred.

If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

1 Like

Luke, thank you very much. I can confirm those domains have been successfully transferred. :white_check_mark: