TextHTTPError: Bad Gateway when building from Drone CI

Hello,

We have been able to deploy a few times using Drone CI and the netlify CLI app. But, most of the time, the last step is failing with the following:

Deploying to main site URL...
- Hashing files...
✔ Finished hashing 5854 files
- CDN diffing files...
 ›   Warning: TextHTTPError: 502
 ›   Warning: 
 ›   TextHTTPError: Bad Gateway
 ›
TextHTTPError: Bad Gateway
    at parseResponse (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/netlify/src/methods/response.js:12:11)
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at async callMethod (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/netlify/src/methods/index.js:38:26)
    at async module.exports (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/netlify/src/deploy/index.js:79:16)
    at async NetlifyAPI.deploy (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/netlify/src/index.js:93:12)
    at async DeployCommand.run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/src/commands/deploy.js:203:17)
    at async DeployCommand._run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/@oclif/command/lib/command.js:43:20)
    at async Config.runCommand (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/@oclif/config/lib/config.js:172:9)
    at async Main.run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/netlify-cli/node_modules/@oclif/command/lib/main.js:22:9)

This same error is also present sometimes when trying to deploy directly from the terminal using netlify CLI too.

After switching drone configuration, so instead of installing the netlify CLI node package it uses this plugin. The deployment is still failing, but now with a different error:

Error during deploy: {"code":429,"message":"API Request rate limit surpassed for application"}

We have an open bug filed on that:

You may be able to work around it as described here:

If not, I’d suggest following the issue #745 and you’ll be updated when we have an update. I’ll also post an update to this thread when the status changes, if you’d rather not follow on GitHub.

Thanks. We’ll give the workaround a try, and also I’ll keep an eye on the issue.

1 Like