[Support Guide] How can I manage my DNS with Netlify if I used another vendor to purchase my domain?

What is the domain in question @tmcinvest2018 ?

Aigos.app is the domain i want to add to my netlify deploy wich is https://aigostest.netlify.app/

Is there any official support on this forum that can assist?

can you specify what particular issue you are having with your domain. When you try to add your domain what do you see in the UI

I see awaiting external dns with yellow triangle exclamaition mark. So i follow the steps to add domain. Click yes when asked if am owner. Then netlify automaticly adds aigos.app and www.aigos.app to my dns zone. It says aigos.app set as primary domain. Then both stay in awaiting external dns. With my registrar all former dns records are deleted and nameservers are set to the netlify nameservers.

I’m not seeing nameservers pointing to Netlify for aigos.app.

You can view that here:

You’ll wanna ensure the nameservers are set to those listed in your DNS panel.

Agree with @sid.mann that name servers have not propagated.

dig shows no name servers

$ dig aigos.app NS
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 43014
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 65494
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;aigos.app.			IN	NS

;; Query time: 4 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.53#53(127.0.0.53) (UDP)
;; WHEN: Sat Mar 23 08:55:13 AEDT 2024
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 38

whois shows they are set

$ whois aigos.app | grep 'Name Server'
Name Server: dns1.p08.nsone.com
Name Server: dns2.p08.nsone.com
Name Server: dns3.p08.nsone.com

However, they are not set correctly. They are not set to the values mentioned in your original post @tmcinvest2018

In this quote all name server addresses end in .net while whois shows they were added with .com instead.

I have pointed my domain at the registrar to dns1.p08.nsone.net , dns2.p08.nsone.net, and dns3.p08.nsone.net. also i ckeched on dnschecker.org. when selecting ns and i can see lille france, canada, mexico , malaysia are green and the rest is red. So i think the nameservers are set correct at registrar unless i need other nameservers in there than the ones mentioned.

Aha. I see now what you mean. I set them to .com and this should be .net. so sorry to be bothering you guys with such stupid oversight. I go hide now for couple off years. But really thanks for pointing that out. I think wouldnt have seen it for another 5 years myself

I can see the domain is now active on Netlify. However SSL is not yet configured @tmcinvest2018

Yes that i will also do. Hope i dont mess that one up like the previous. Thanks you so much

Hey team, have setup as instructed per guide. However getting issues (attached)

Does a SSL need to be setup in order to proceed with customer domain. Don’t have any knowledge in this area so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, @whoshoop welcome to the Netlify support forums. I just checked and I can see your nameservers are pointing to Netlify and I can access your site (see screenshot below). Are you experiencing this issue solely on firefox or on all browsers?