[Support Guide] Form not showing in Netlify site dashboard

What else can gone wrong?

Do you have a git repository you can share?

I deployed the example in the downloadable zip file from How to Integrate Netlify’s Form Handling in a React App and it works perfectly.

If you are using a built React app I have a working example coelmay/netlify-react-contact which is deployed to confident-raman-fc2e11.netlify.app.

I invited you to the repo, The template Form component is defined in the App.js. Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

You still need to put the form in another file, for instance public/index.html or another HTML file inside public so Netlify can detect the form as outlined in Work with JavaScript-rendered forms. You can see an example in the repository I linked to in my previous post.

2 Likes

Uhh, I feel like I was a bit lame :sweat_smile: anyway, it’s working and I cannot be thankful enough for the patience :slight_smile: I will recommend you :slight_smile:

I actually have one update recommendation:

The detection system cannot read non-ASCII characters in the name of the input like: Ă©,ĂĄ,Ƒ

Well actually in hungarian they are very common like:

NĂ©v - Name
TelefonszĂĄm - Phone number
Kérdés - Question

It isn’t a problem in the code, but the fields of the form, what I send in email should be without them so like: Nev, Telefonszam, Kerdes and it doesn’t look good. Can you please ever fix this issue? :slight_smile: I know it’s not a neccessary function, but if the dev team has free time (lol, they won’t have) it is an idea to do :slight_smile:

Do you mean the value you are entering into a form? Can you provide an example please?

Nope not the value :slight_smile:

<input type="text" name="Teljes nev" />

Right here in the name attribute.

That’s a valid feature request. Not sure if the devs will consider this or not (we haven’t had many requests for this), but I’ll file one regardless.

Im a new netlify user, I have deployed a site made with Astro on netlify, and also tried to make a contact form on it using netlify forms, but for some reason the dashboard doesn’t pick up the form, I’ve also tried a couple examples from the netlify official site and those don’t work either and I dont know why.

This is my code:

<form
  name="contacto"
  method="POST"
  data-netlify="true"
  class="text-white ml-5 py-5"
>
  <div class="mb-4">
    <label for="nombre">
      Nombre
      <span class="text-orange-500">*</span>
      <br />
    </label>
    <input type="text" id="nombre" name="nombre" required class="text-black" />
  </div>
  <div class="mb-4">
    <label for="apellidos">
      Apellido(s)
      <br />
    </label>
    <input type="text" id="apellidos" name="apellidos" class="text-black" />
  </div>
  <div class="mb-4">
    <label for="email">
      Correo electrĂłnico
      <br />
    </label>
    <input type="email" id="email" name="email" required class="text-black" />
  </div>
  <div class="mb-4">
    <label for="telefono">
      Teléfono
      <br />
    </label>
    <input type="text" id="telefono" name="telefono" class="text-black" />
  </div>
  <div class="mb-4">
    <label for="mensaje">
      Describa la consulta
      <br />
    </label>
    <textarea rows="8" cols="60" id="mensaje" name="mensaje" class="text-black"
    ></textarea>
  </div>

<button type="submit" value="Enviar" class="bg-slate-300 rounded px-2"
    >Enviar</button
  >
</form>

I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.