SSL/TLS certificate for custom domain used for branch deploy

I’ve followed the steps described at [Common Issue] How to use Netlify’s branch deploy feature without Netlify DNS to set up a non-Netlify custom domain for the branch deploy named “preview”. The domain works, but I need to activate the certificate for HTTPS. I have submitted two requests to Netlify support requesting to have the SSL/TSL wildcard certificate activated, but have not received a reply. (It’s been 2 months now). So I have come here to try to get one.

I can confirm that nslookup responds with the expected output.

$ nslookup preview.docs.antora.org

Non-authoritative answer:
preview.docs.antora.org	canonical name = preview--antora-docs.netlify.com.
Name:	preview--antora-docs.netlify.com
Address: 104.248.50.87
Name:	preview--antora-docs.netlify.com
Address: 2604:a880:400:d1::888:7001

However, when I try to access the URL https://preview.docs.antora.org I get an SSL warning.

Please activate SSL on the domain for my preview site.

Best Regards,

Dan Allen

Hi, @mojavelinux, and thank you for your patience.

The SSL certificate for this site has been updated to include preview.docs.antora.org.

Note, this must be done manually by our support team for each subdomain/branch added.

Please feel free to create new topics for this same issue (updating the SSL certificate for the branch subdomain) in the #admin community topic for fastest attention going forward.

If the certificate doesn’t work for you for any reason (it does when I test) or if there are other questions about this please let us know.

Thank you so much @luke! It works perfectly! Exactly what I needed. Your support really means a lot and I truly appreciate it.

I will follow your advice to use the #admin community topic for any future related requests. Thanks again!

1 Like