Ssl error bad cert domain

Hi @mzabriskie!

You’ll need both! But you don’t have to add the DNS records to Netlify if you’d rather keep that elsewhere. You will need to follow the directions here in that case: [Common Issue] Can I host my site on Netlify but keep my DNS at my domain registrar?

That did it, thanks Laura. (The actual issue was slightly more complex - CloudFlare was proxying that domain - but your solution prompted the fix so, thanks)

1 Like

Hi!

I have the same issue as many have reported here:

The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.netlify.com, netlify.com 
Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

Account: rajat404.netlify.com

My domain is rajat404.com
I bought it from somewhere else, though I’ve now directed the nameservers to Netlify’s nameservers.

It seems that the SSL certs need to be updated by someone from the Netlify team. Please do the needful :pray:

Let me know if there is something I can do from my end.

Hi, @rajat404, and welcome to the Netlify community site. :+1: :

The existing SSL certificate only covered the apex/root domain and not the www subdomain.

When this occurs, the solution for this is to click the “Renew certificate” button here to have the additional domain names added:

https://app.netlify.com/sites/rajat404/settings/domain#ssl-tls-certificate

I did click this button and the certificate has been updated now. If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

1 Like