SSL certificate change for branch deploy

Hello!

According to the page [Support Guide] How to use Netlify’s branch deploy feature without Netlify DNS, I can request a change to the SSL for a branch deployment. Could I have the branch deploy master--algorithmia-teams.netlify.app be valid for master.teams.algorithmia.com?

Also, do you know if it is possible to do this on a wildcard basis, e.g. issue as wildcard for *.teams.algorithmia.com?

Thanks again!

hi there, you will need to deploy a branch to that subdomain before we can extend the SSL cert first. I am asking to find out re: your question about wildcards - more info soon.

we can set a wildcard SSL cert for any subdomain, as long as you are using Netlify DNS.

this doesn’t happen automatically, but we can set this up for you manually.

There is already a branch deployed there, unless I am missing something.

I see many Deploy Previews, but no branch called “master” has actually been deployed on that site. The branch name must match the subdomain exactly in order for this to work.

We do not use git deployments, rather GitHub Actions that use a branch alias. So our “master” branch runs in CI and then deploys to https://master--algorithmia-teams.netlify.app/.