Some embedded videos cannot be played

https://wiiztec.netlify.com/ videos 1, 10, 11, 12, & 14 cannot be played when my very simple index.html is hosted on netlify, When I view my index.html locally on my computer everything works fine

Hi, @wiiztec, I see three HTML files currently being deployed for that Netlify site. There are no other files in the deployment at Netlify.

We only host those three files and we are serving those files correctly from what I can see. You can download the deploy files using the button shown in the following screenshot:

The videos in this case are served by a third-party service, not Netlify. It would appear that there is something different about they way those videos are being served by that third-party when the site is deployed. If this is the case, it isn’t something that Netlify can control.

If those three HTML files are not the files you uploaded to Netlify and/or if the files being served by our systems don’t match the files you uploaded we are happy to troubleshoot.

However, if the issue is with differences in the content sent by the third-party hosting company, that will need to be addressed with their support team as we cannot troubleshoot systems we don’t control.

If there are other questions about this, please let us know.

Do you have any theories as to why those 5 videos return 403 forbidden errors only when the html is hosted?

I also don’t understand why some URLs work and the others do not. The headers for both requests are identical so the difference is a mystery to me.

The 403s are from the video hosting company not Netlify. Their systems respond differently for requests for those links but, as for why, only they can explain this.