[solved] Build Ok on local, images missing on Netlify (they are on a separate private repo and I have a git submodule))

Briefly summarize the issues you have been experiencing.
Build Ok on local, images missing on Netlify build (they are on a separate private repo and I have a git submodule in my source code repo). Pointers more than welcome!
Please provide a link to your live site hosted on Netlify

What have you tried as far as troubleshooting goes? Do you have an idea what is causing the problem?
Realised I probably should also allow Netlify access to the “images repo” (a private repo), then I’ve created a separate “site” in netlify but guess this isn’t the right way to tie the “images repo” to the main source code repo.
UPDATE1: I’ve just added the submodule via Git CLI and again, all works ok local. In Netlify I’m now getting fatal: could not read Username for 'https://github.com': No such device or address
So, my feeling is that Netlify can’t access the other repo.

UPDATE2: Continuing the exploration, I’ve now used SSH to link the submodule and netlify’s error is now Host key verification failed.

So, still struggling to get one repo to access the other here. Pointers?
Do you have any other information that is relevant, such as links to docs, libraries, or other resources?

For others going through the same, check this link from the Netlify team: [Support Guide] How do I access private repositories in the build environment?

1 Like

thanks for helping out @pamora!

1 Like