SniCertificate::CertificateInvalidError: Unable to verify challenge for *my domain*

netlify site name: ahnheejong.netlify.app
custom domain: ahnheejong.name
DNS provider: Route 53

Hi. First and foremost, thanks for the great product.

I’ve connected Route53 domain as my custom domain a year ago, and didn’t really touched it since then. However, for some reason my LetsEncrypt cert renewal is failing with message:

**SniCertificate::CertificateInvalidError: Unable to verify challenge for *.ahnheejong.name**

We can’t renew your Let’s Encrypt certificate automatically until the issue is resolved. Check our [troubleshooting guide](https://www.netlify.com/docs/ssl/#troubleshooting) for more information on how to fix the problem, and then renew the certificate.

I’ve read related docs couple times but everything seems to be in order… Is there anything wrong with my setup? Thanks for your help in advance :slight_smile:

Nevermind: I figured just setting the NS record is not enough and I actually have to change the name server from different corner of AWS console, following through this guide. Leaving it here just in case anyone else is stuck w/ the same issue.

1 Like