Slow download speed

I have a pre-production site due to go live in a couple of weeks, and we’re experiencing very slow content download speeds from Netlify. I’m on the Pro plan and can’t post the site name publicly.

Just isolating a single 1.1Mb image file, I get content download time of 928.78 ms (~9.5 Mbps). Google speed test measures my connection’s download speed at 280.5Mbps.

I would expect the Netlify CDN to be much faster than this. Trying to understand if this is possibly a configuration issue on our end, or what we can do to achieve faster page load speeds when simply retrieving the assets on first page view is so slow?

Anonymized har file

@mchaines Welcome to the Netlify community. Not judging, but just so you know it’s going to be tough to troubleshoot something we can’t see.

Yup, just wanted to concur with Greg - we’ll need to see a real har file please if you’d like our help :slight_smile:
If you’ve got a pro team or higher, you can of course write into the helpdesk for private help. For free accounts, we’ll need all the details here in our community.

Thanks!

That’s fair. We threw up a quick POC on the same plan but without the htaccess restriction for testing and got a similar result. We included a 2MB image to really test the download speed, for me that takes 5.45s of content download.

https://thirsty-brown-ad256d.netlify.app/

.har file

For comparison, a 5.2MB image from wikimedia downloads in 272ms
Wikimedia comparison .har

Does this isolated example offer enough information to be able to suggest any next steps? If there is any extra data I can provide let me know, thanks!