Sec_error_unknown_issuer

I have a domain using Netlify DNS – stage.amazonchristmassmiles.co.uk – however, when I visit this site versions of Firefox 79 or below I get a “Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead” and the error code sec_error_unknown_issuer.

How can I resolve this?

Hello @sel,

We’ve deployed a fix for this issue, can you confirm that you are no longer seeing the issue?

Hi @Dennis – thanks for looking in to this. Unfortunately, the issue seems worse now and the error is appearing in Chrome and Firefox including the latest versions

Hi, @sel, I get an antivirus warning for this page:

http://stage.amazonchristmassmiles.co.uk/

Note, the antivirus warning does not occur if I visit the site URL using the netlify.app subdomain.

Antivirus and/or phishing warning in the browser are not something we can control. This appears to be an Amazon branded page but not an official Amazon site. That is my best guess for why the antivirus warning occurs.

This isn’t an SSL error or something we can control. If you are getting an SSL error for that page, please let us know the following information for the bad SSL certificate:

• the complete URL requested
  • the IP address for the system making the request
  • the IP address for the CDN node that responded
  • the day of the request
  • the time of the request
  • the timezone the time is in

With that information we can troubleshoot SSL issues.

Thanks. It was indeed a incorrectly reported site. Sorry about that, but thanks again for looking in to it

1 Like