RVM Install ruby 2.6.4 failed

Having an issue I think with Ruby version. Gem file specifies 2.6.4 but netlify environment seems to be using 2.6.2??. log suggests rvm install “ruby-2.6.4” but not sure how/where to do this or if you have to do it for me?. Please advise. . Site built with latest version of middleman, have just managed to get it all working on local environment, hoping I can match this on netlify. Dave

update: I noticed the topic on the right while typing this and checked it out. It mentioned using ENV and setting ruby to the version I want. I have done this, but still an issue with bundler :Could not find command “1.17.3”. Not sure how to fix this. My gemfile lock file was created with 1.17.3. Netlify appears to be looking for underscores??

UPDATE2: It works locally, netlify user is daveharrisonnet.

11:15:46 PM: Using /opt/buildhome/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.4
11:15:47 PM: Using ruby version 2.6.4
11:15:47 PM: Using bundler version 1.17.3 from Gemfile.lock
11:15:47 PM: Using PHP version 5.6
11:15:47 PM: Started restoring cached ruby gems
11:15:47 PM: Finished restoring cached ruby gems
11:15:47 PM: Installing gem bundle
11:15:47 PM: Could not find command "_1.17.3_".
11:15:47 PM: Error during gem install
11:15:47 PM: Error running command: Build script returned non-zero exit code: 1
11:15:47 PM: failed during stage 'building site': Build script returned non-zero exit code: 1
11:15:47 PM: Failing build: Failed to build site
11:15:47 PM: Finished processing build request in 33.257535263s

I am using Bundler version 1.17.3 which is in my gem.lock file

Note I had to add an ENV on netlify specifying my ruby version as it did not install when reading version specifically posted in my gem file??

Installing gem bundle
2:17:00 PM: Could not find command "_1.17.3_".
2:17:00 PM: Error during gem install

Why have underscores been added around the bundler version, they do not appear in my gem lock file…is this a netlify thing??

netlify username daveharrisonnet
url: unruffled-sammet-a254ca

Trying to build and deploy a middleman site
using ruby 2.6.4 (declared this using a ENV on netlify because netlify DID NOT read it from gemfile or gemfile.lock declaration

I use bundler version 1.17.3 also declared in my gemfile & gemfile.lock. I have tried updating and bundling again, but just keep getting the error in my log saying : Could not find command “1.17.3”.
Note: the use of underscores?? anyone shed any light
Could this be a bug with bundler/ruby? or is it a config issue
Anyone know any work arounds?
Dave

P.S I have posted a similar issue 5 days back but despite 20+ views no-one chimed in, so trying again with different subject, better description, more tags etc

Hi @DaveHarrison - thank you for your patience. I have asked the support team to take a look at this, they will get in touch with you via email as soon as someone has an opportunity to respond to you.

Thanks perry. I appreciate your help with this and the follow up. D :wink:

I did receive a follow up via email from 40x40 Dennis Padiernos, who thinks it might be issue with buildbot, hopeful I’ll get more updates soon.

just wondering if there has been any progress on this?

Hi Dave. I replied to the ticket in our helpdesk regarding the issue. Sorry for the wait.

1 Like

UPDATE: I have rolled my ruby version back to 2.6.2 which has allowed me to build the site. I assume 2.6.4 and 1.17.3 is not working as expected in your buildbot?!
I would really really appreciate if you could let me know when this is fixed
Dave

Thanks for the update on the workaround, Dave. The issue seems to be related an issue with certain versions of Ruby or bundler (I’m not sure which) that our buildbot is not aware of. In any case, thank you for filing that issue in our build-image repository. I’ve cross-linked the issue here and in your ticket.

2 Likes