Redirect all old urls to home

Hi
I have domain cliniconthegreen.com. Until earlier today it was a WordPress site on SIteground. Now it is a single page on Netlify - cotg.netlify.app. I have set up the domain on Netlify and cliniconthegreen.com shows the new single page site. So far, so good I want all the old urls to redirect to the new page.

I thought I could simply code this in the _redirects file
/* / 301 but it redirects to cliniconthegreen.com/index.html, despite the fact I have pretty urls turned on.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks in advance

hi there, before we dig in, did you see this brand new guide on debugging redirects?

I strongly suggest you give it a thorough read through and see if this fixes your problem:

if not, please post again, and we’ll try and troubleshoot.

Hi Perry
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did read through the documentation and thought I had understood what to do but it’s not working in the way I expected from reading the guide

You could try /* https://customdomain.com 301 (where custom domain is your actual custom domain) :slight_smile:

Thanks @Scott. That’s the answer. Could that be included in the rewrite/redirect guide?

Ayyy! I actually have that sort of rule configured on my own sites.

Do you have somewhere in mind where it could belong?

I would suggest it could be included on Redirect options | Netlify Docs

I’ll run the idea by my team :+1:. I’ll be sure to feed back to you if we do decide to add this to our docs.