Procedure to maintain a customised website built with Netlify CMS
I’m not sure how to manage the entire source code of Gatsby CMS site
Purpose of this topic
To get to the appropriate procedure for maintenance of Gatsby CMS site
Reading this following article https://www.netlifycms.org/docs/update-the-cms-version/ , we can see the version management is done through yarn.
If you are using a package manager like Yarn or NPM, use their standard procedure to update. This is how both the Hugo and Gatsby starters are set up.
What if I developed my blog site based on Gatsby starter https://github.com/netlify-templates/gatsby-starter-netlify-cms ? I’m thinking about taking the starter as a SDK of static blog site, aiming to publish the site for official use of my company. If anybody got better ideas than this following procedure to maintain the customised site, would you please share them?
- clone the latest both package.json and yarn.lock from https://github.com/netlify-templates/gatsby-starter-netlify-cms to localhost ( PC )
- Run yarn at local to solve the latest dependency
- Investigate diff between before yarn and after in order to find a conflict ( particularly out of customised codes )
- Resolve any possible conflicts, committing the codes
- Push the commits to a specified Github branch to make it built automatically in Netlify
Because there is no “update version” button like in Wordpress admin, I would like to make sure how to do it before starting the static blog site development project with my colleagues