OAuth Flow for Shell Script (Non-interactive)

I recently put together a first-draft workflow for managing certs for Netlify-managed domains through acme.sh using PATs for auth, and my next plan was to allow users to authenticate through OAuth, but I couldn’t find any way to do this in the docs or existing work. I need to avoid using the browser for automation purposes, as is the standard in the project, but all existing work seems to indicate that this is the default, and possibly only, option for Netlify. Is there something I’m missing that would allow this sort of auth flow?

Hello @draevin, welcome to the Community!

Based on the limited context: if you are using an external OAuth provider, you can look here: https://docs.netlify.com/visitor-access/oauth-provider-tokens/ and see if that works for you.

If that’s not what you are trying to do, can you provide more information. Thanks!

Hi @Dennis,

Thanks for the reply, but I don’t think this issue is solvable in the way I had anticipated based on my own misunderstandings. This is my first project of this nature, and after further reading it would seem that PATs are the only suitable method for authentication in this use case.

Thanks anyway!

1 Like