New site is initially suspended

Hi Everyone :blush:

I am currently trying to deploy my first site (youthful-visvesvaraya-a4ff01) on Netlify from a GitHub repo. Currently that site has a “Suspended” status and I cannot find any information in the Docs or Community describing this status. Visting youthful-visvesvaraya-a4ff01.netlify.com displays This site is suspended.

The repo backing this site can be found at Galadirith/galadirith.github.io. To be transparent about what actions I have already taken, I had planned to add a custom domain brothers.page to the site. After creating the site it started with a suspended status. I still continued to try to add the custom domain which did not change the suspended status. I have now removed all the custom domain settings that didn’t work so the site is in the simplest possible state to try an diagnose the suspended issue. The repo was also originally private when I create the site on Netlify, but is now public.

Automatic build and deploy when I commit to the repo also does not work, although I’m currently working on the assumption that this is related to the suspended site status.

Thank you so much for reading even if you can’t help me solve this issue :blush:

I created a new site from the same repo and everything worked as expected with no site suspension. While I don’t know why my first site was suspended my issues have now been resolved.

Hi, @Galadirith. I also don’t know why that wasn’t working.

How did that site get deployed? What team was the site under? Was it deployed using Netlify Drop?

1 Like

Hi @luke thanks so much for looking at my issue.

I deployed the site using New site from Git, selecting GitHub and then selecting my (then) private repo Galadirith/galadirith.github.io. It was under my single user team Edward Fauchon’s team (galadirith) on a Starter plan. It wasn’t deployed using Netlify Drop.

I’ve made the repo public again in case it’s useful for diagnosis. The original commit that the site was deployed from was cf04bb7 and I made a couple of commits, 84897f6, ce27f77, to try to resolve the site suspension before opening this thread.

I tried again this morning to create a new site from my private repo before making it public and it also worked without issue https://stupefied-williams-9d9707.netlify.com/ like my second attempt.

I will delete https://stupefied-williams-9d9707.netlify.com/ and make Galadirith/galadirith.github.io private again on Friday afternoon.

hmm, very strange. Thanks for the extra information, @Galadirith! Will you get in touch again if you have more problems, please? Seems like this was something we’re not going to be able to reproduce, but we’ll definitely look into it if it happens again.

1 Like

Thanks @perry I will report if anything happens again. You made the process really quite simple to deploy a site from GitHub :blush: Even though I’m quite certain I recorded the steps I took, maybe I missed something.

In any case everything is working seamless for me now, thanks @luke and @perry I really appreciate the care :+1:

1 Like