Netlify's prerendering output is not mobile friendly

answered

I have found that netlify’s prerendered output is not mobile friendly. When I tested my site using Google’s mobile friendly testing tool, it says the site is not mobile friendly. “Content wider than screen” that was the error appeared for all pages. Then I found that netlify is always prerendering with screen resolution 1440x718. I have different layouts for mobile and desktop. Now netlify returns my desktop layout back to Google smartphone bot and it says my site is not mobile friendly. :frowning:

Is there any way to make prerendering mobile friendly? Why netlify can’t check if the bot is mobile bot and return a mobile friendly page?

Hi @nirmal,

That’s interesting. Prerendering only runs your javascript, it doesn’t change your CSS unless your Javascript changes your CSS. This means if your layout is using flexbox/grid/media queries, etc. then it should still be responsive after being prerendered since the same CSS will run on the mobile client browser.

2 Likes

I’m pretty new to the front end technologies, that’s why I had this confusion. :slight_smile: . I’m using vue+vuetify for my site. And the site is perfectly responsive for browser. I can switch to mobile and desktop without any issues. But not sure why this page is not responsive after prerendering. I need to learn more. :slight_smile:

@nirmal - we would love to have you come back and post here if you are able to figure out what is going on? I am sure that would be really helpful to other people!