Netlify lambda functions sometimes return responses from previous deployments

Hi,

I recently noticed that netlify lambda functions sometimes return responses from previous deployments.

To test this issue, I commit a version.js which output an integer version number and bump the version number from 1 to 2 to 3 in several commits.

For example, when visiting https://eager-booth-dc4b16.netlify.com/.netlify/functions/version, it should output ‘version: 3’.

I noticed that it outputs ‘version: 3’ right after my commit. But after several minutes, it outputs ‘version: 2’ when I visit the link again. Then after a couple of minutes, it outputs ‘version: 3’.

It seems that some other users reported similar issues in the past year:

It seems that the problem still exists? And it looks like some edge nodes still point to previous versions of lambda function after the latest deployment.

I have used netlify for some time. The other functions work very well and I really enjoy it. Hope this issue can be solved.

Thank you.

Hi, @dps. Yes, I do believe that same issue is affecting this site’s functions.

Are you still getting the previous version when you test? If so, we can get that corrected for this site and please let us know if this is the case.

We also have an open issue tracking this behavior. The issue and this community topic are now cross-linked for tracking. We’ll update you here if/when the issue is known to be resolved.

Again, please let us know if you still see the previous version when you test and we’ll be able to get the issue with the site’s function resolved by making a change here.