Netlify-identity-widget doesn't support autofill by password managers

Are you using the netlify-identity-widget in production?

We have an open github issue to track autofill support, it would be helpful to get some more eyes on it if you have any thoughts!

3 Likes

Thanks for filing that issue! It’s not limited to linux; I agree with the assertion that it just in general doesn’t work well with password managers (I tested 1password and OSX/chrome with similar results).

We’ll update there if we make any changes, though we don’t have anyone working on the widget right now so a community contribution would be :ok_hand: and likely to land sooner :slight_smile:

1 Like

we don’t have anyone working on the widget right now so a community contribution would be :ok_hand: and likely to land sooner :slight_smile:

this is helpful to know, thanks!

Update: @fool I want to use Netlify Identity because it pairs very nicely with Netlify Functions (migrating to amazon cognito would probably set me back a week), do you know of any example projects that use Netlify Identity but don’t rely on the netlify-identity-widget?

1 Like

didn’t have to look far, this looks like it will be helpful! GitHub - netlify-labs/react-netlify-identity: a tiny (4kb) React hook for using Netlify Identity, no UI. SEEKING MAINTAINERS

2 Likes