Netlify form submissions not arriving

Hi there!

I’m attempting to use Netlify’s built-in forms facility but it doesn’t seem to work. Before anyone asks, yes, I’ve already read through the very helpful page Support Guide on forms, but I seem to be doing everything right.

<form name="contactalien" method="POST" data-netlify="true">
  <p><label>Name: <input type="text" name="name" required/></label>
  </p>
  <p>
    <label>Email: <input type="email" name="email" required/></label>
  </p>
  <p>
    <label>Message: <textarea name="message" required></textarea></label>
  </p>
  <p>
    <button type="submit">Send</button>
  </p>
</form>

When the form submits, the page refreshes to the same URL but with all of the params that were submitted in the form.

However, this doesn’t seem to actually be submitting the form. Nothing shows up in the forms or overview tabs of my Netlify dashboard. Nothing in spam either.

I’m sure I’m making some newbie error, I just can’t work it out!

Here is a link to the website where the form is embedded (at the bottom under ‘Contact’):

https://alien-101.com/

Thanks,

Matt

Depending on how you’re integrating the form or how your site is being built, you may need to add a special hidden input field with the form name as the value for value in order for Netlify to pick it up.

For example:
<input type="hidden" name="form-name" value="contactalien" />

More here: How to Integrate Netlify’s Form Handling in a React App

1 Like

Hi @dazulu, many thanks for the reply. I’m using Hugo, a static site generator, to build my wife’s website. However, the source page is actually in HTML rather than a templating language. I want to include a non-JS form but I can’t get it working even though it sounds really simple in the documentation. Netlify is picking up the fact that I’ve created the form, but none of the data is being collected. Exasperating since I don’t think I’ve made any errors in the HTML!

I’ve just realised the reason I can’t see any form submissions is I’m logged into the wrong Netlify account. Doh! Thanks anyway. Not sure how to close this issue as I’m new to the forum. Please can someone do that for me?

1 Like

Oh no :sweat_smile: Happens to us all from time to time!