Netlify Dev and Form Webhooks

Hey all! I’m playing with Netlify Dev while creating a small tutorial on some Form + Function integrations.

I just want to make sure I’m not missing functionality, is there currently any way to Submit a form with the netlify attribute and simulate the webhook to the Function?

I think it’d be a nice to have in Dev, but if anyone has input on how to play with this functionality, I’m all ears!

1 Like

Hey @brob

We aren’t emulating the event driven functions locally just yet.

Still trying to figure out the best way to implement this.

Feel free to open an issue on the netlify dev command repo GitHub - netlify/netlify-dev-plugin: Local dev server with functions, rules engine and add-on support and we can have a look

3 Likes

Has there been an update on this? The repo you linked to is now archived. At minimum it would be nice if netlify dev noticed the POST and threw up some kind of error.

Raymond, I never ended up putting an issue into the repo, so I’d wager not a lot of progress happened.

I just kind of moved on, though it would be an AMAZING feature to have in some fashion.

Agreed, it would indeed be pretty amazing and of course we don’t have feature parity with our live service without it! I’d still suggest filing a feature request (now here: GitHub - netlify/cli: Netlify Command Line Interface), if you wanted something a bit bigger in scope than the one I filed: