Netlify custom Domain: custom_domain is owned by another account

Hi everyone,

we would like to add our domain flanga.io to our netlify account, however the system says that the domain is already owned and fails with “custom_domain is owned by another account”. We own the entire domain for multiple years. I created a netlify account a few years ago, however this account was never used and no domain was available in the Domain tab, so I cannot delete it from there to move it to the new account (the old account was deleted since I don’t use it anyways).

Thanks and a nice weekend,

hi there, we just made some changes to how deploys/domains work, can you try again and let us know if you still see this issue?

Unfortunately, it looks like the issue was not resolved yet - it still says custom_domain is owned by another account. I double checked the DNS configuration and it seems like Cloudflare is flattening the CNAME (proxy is disabled), but I am not sure that this is really the issue.

Hey there!

You’re right, this domain was associated with a team which was operated by an @flanga.io email address. The user and team was deleted but the DNS zone was left in tact. I’ve manually removed this for you so you should be free to use the domain again!

It worked!

Thanks for your help :blush:

Thanks for using Netlify :heart: