Community Code of Conduct & Terms of Service
These terms govern use of the Internet forum at http://community.netlify.com. To use the forum, you must agree to these terms with Netlify, Inc.
Netlify offers a variety of products, and the terms below are separate from our general terms of service. The terms below apply only to use of Netlify Community.
These terms include a number of important provisions that affect your rights and responsibilities, such as the disclaimers in Disclaimers, limits on the company’s liability to you in Limits on Liability, your agreement to cover the company for damages caused by your misuse of Netlify Community in Responsibility for Your Use, and an agreement to arbitrate disputes in Disputes.
Your Permission to Use Netlify Community
Subject to these terms, the Netlify gives you permission to use Netlify Community. Everyone needs to agree to these terms to use Netlify Community.
Conditions for Use of Netlify Community
Your permission to use Netlify Community is subject to the following conditions:
- You must be at least thirteen years old to use the Netlify Community.
- You may no longer use Netlify Community if an employee from Netlify contacts you directly to say that you may not.
- You must use Netlify Community in accordance with Acceptable Use and Content Standards.
- You may not break the law using Netlify Community, including local laws in your area and in the United States, where Netlify is based.
- You may not use or try to use another’s account on Netlify Community without their specific permission.
- You may not buy, sell, or otherwise trade in user names or other unique identifiers on Netlify Community.
- You may not pass yourself off as, or otherwise impersonate a Netlify employee or Netlify bot.
- You may not falsely imply that you’re affiliated with or endorsed by the company, or acting on the company’s behalf.
- You may not send advertisements, chain letters, or other solicitations through Netlify Community, or use Netlify Community to gather addresses or other personal data for commercial mailing lists or databases.
- You may not automate access to Netlify Community, or monitor Netlify Community, such as with a web crawler, bot, browser plug-in or add-on, or other computer program that is not a web browser. You may crawl Netlify Community to index it for a publicly available search engine, if you run one.
- You may not use Netlify Community to send e-mail to distribution lists, newsgroups, or group mail aliases.
- You may not hyperlink to images or other non-hypertext content on Netlify Community on other webpages.
- You may not remove any marks showing proprietary ownership from materials you download from Netlify Community.
- You may not show any part of Netlify Community on other websites with
- You may not disable, avoid, or circumvent any security or access restrictions of Netlify Community.
- You may not strain infrastructure of Netlify Community with an unreasonable volume of requests, or requests designed to impose an unreasonable load on information systems underlying Netlify Community.
- You may not impersonate others through Netlify Community.
- You may not encourage or help anyone in violation of these terms.
Harassment includes but isn’t limited to:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neurotype, physical appearance, body, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, immigrant status, location, educational background, language, caste or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment
- Sexual images or behaviour, simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop
- Threats of violence, incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Deliberate intimidation, talking or following, both online and offline
- Sustained disruption of discussion, continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent, deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names
- Publication of non-harassing private communication without consent by the involved parties
- Other actions
Please see our Code of Conduct for a complete listing of expectations with regards to posting on Netlify Community and making the most of your experience here.
- You may not submit content to Netlify Community that is illegal, offensive, or otherwise harmful to others. This includes content that is harassing inappropriate as defined above. In the Netlify Community, we prioritize marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort, which means we reserve the right not to act on complaints regarding:
- ‘Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia’
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you.”
- Communicating in a ‘tone’ you don’t find congenial
- Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions
- You may not submit content to Netlify Community that violates the law, infringes anyone’s intellectual property rights, violates anyone’s privacy, or breaches agreements you have with others.
- You may not submit content to Netlify Community containing malicious computer code, such as computer viruses or spyware.
- You may not use Netlify Community to disclose information that you don’t have the right to disclose, including, but not limited to, others’ confidential or personal information, including but not limited to, credit card or other financial information, mailing or physical addresses and phone numbers.
- If you are being harassed by a member of the Netlify Community, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact us immediately via email at email@example.com
- Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in harassing behavior, Netlify Community may take any action we deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all Netlify Community spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other Netlify community members or the general public. We reserve the right to investigate and prosecute violations of these terms to the fullest legal extent, should we deem this necessary. We may notify and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting violations of the law and these terms.
- You must create and log into an account to post or otherwise contribute to the Netlify Community, and you must provide some information about yourself to do so. You agree to provide, at a minimum, a valid e-mail address, and to keep that address up-to-date. You may close your account at any time by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You agree to be responsible for all action taken using your account, whether authorized by you or not, until you either close your account or notify the company that your account has been compromised.
- You agree to notify the company immediately if you suspect your account has been compromised. You agree to select a secure password for your account, and keep it secret.
- The company may restrict, suspend, or close your account on Netlify Community according to its policy for handling copyright-related takedown requests, or if the company reasonably believes that you’ve broken any rule in these terms.
Your Content & Data
- Nothing in these terms gives the company any ownership rights in intellectual property that you share with Netlify Community, such as your account information, posts, or other content you submit to Netlify Community. Nothing in these terms gives you any ownership rights in the company’s intellectual property, either.
- Between you and the company, you remain solely responsible for content you submit to Netlify Community at all times, and you decide what permission to give others for it. These terms do not obligate the company to store, maintain, or provide copies of content you submit, and to change it, according to these terms.
- The company reserves the right to change, redact, and delete content on Netlify Community for any reason, including the posting of sensitive data such as passwords, social security numbers, or credit card information.
- Netlify reserves the right to edit posts that contain sensitive data, but will not be held responsible for any damages that arise as a result of sensitive data being published to Netlify Community.
You agree to indemnify the company from legal claims by others related to your breach of these terms, or breach of these terms by others using your account on Netlify Community. Both you and the company agree to notify the other side of any legal claims for which you might have to indemnify the company as soon as possible. If the company fails to notify you of a legal claim promptly, you won’t have to indemnify the company for damages that you could have defended against or mitigated with prompt notice. You agree to allow the company to control investigation, defense, and settlement of legal claims for which you would have to indemnify the company, and to cooperate with those efforts. The company agrees not to agree to any settlement that admits fault for you or imposes obligations on you without your prior agreement.
You accept all risk of using Netlify Community and content on Netlify Community. As far as the law allows, the company and its suppliers provide Netlify Community as is, without any warranty whatsoever.
The Netlify Community may hyperlink to and integrate services run by others. The company does not make any warranty about services run by others, or content they may provide. Use of services run by others may be governed by other terms between you and the one running service.
Neither the company nor its suppliers will be liable to you for breach-of-contract damages their personnel could not have reasonably foreseen when you agreed to these terms.
Either you or the company may end the agreement written out in these terms at any time. When our agreement ends, your permission to use Netlify Community also ends.
Unites States law will govern any dispute related to these terms or your use of Netlify Community.
You and the company agree to seek injunctions related to these terms only in state or federal court in San Francisco, CA. Neither you nor the company will object to jurisdiction, Netlify Community, or venue in those courts.
Other than to seek an injunction or for claims under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, you and the company will resolve any Dispute by binding American Arbitration Association arbitration. Arbitration will follow the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes. Arbitration will happen in San Francisco, California. You will settle any dispute as an individual, and not as part of a class action or other representative proceeding, whether as the plaintiff or a class member. No arbitrator will consolidate any dispute with any other arbitration without the company’s permission.
Any arbitration award will include costs of the arbitration, reasonable attorneys’ fees, and reasonable costs for witnesses. You and the company may enter arbitration awards in any court with jurisdiction.
You may notify the company under these terms, and send questions to the company, at email@example.com
The company may notify you under these terms using the e-mail address you provide for your account on Netlify Community, or by posting a message to the homepage of Netlify Community or your account page.
The company last updated these terms on 02/28/2019, and may update these terms again. For updates that contain substantial changes, the company agrees to e-mail you, if you’ve created an account and provided a valid e-mail address. The company may also announce updates with special messages or alerts on Netlify Community.
Once you get notice of an update to these terms, you must agree to the new terms in order to keep using Netlify Community.