Need Suppor for Netlify DNS Record Removed

Hello,
Is it possible to get this Netlify DNS record removed please:

Sound little bit strange to ask this in community but didn’t find any other to do it. Hope it doesn’t affect quality of the community.
Thank you so much in advance.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m also having an issue where an incorrect NETLIFY record is showing up in my DNS settings (however the actual DNS resolution appears to be working as expected). For background, I swapped the NETLIFY DNS from one site to another, but the record still shows for the old site.

Hi @luc! No problem - just got that record deleted for you.

1 Like

Hi @icecreamhead! Welcome to netlify community.

Let us know the exact DNS records you would like removed and we’ll take care of it.

Hi Laura,

Please delete the NETLIFY records for loving-carson-1e4943.netlify.com which are showing for site londoncitypool.com.

Thanks,

Josh

Hi, @icecreamhead. I didn’t delete those records because they are pointing to a different Netlify site now.

The advertised value doesn’t control what site the domain points to at Netlify, that is actually controlled by the setting under “Site Name” > Settings > Domain management > Custom domains. My point being that the NETLIFY/NETLIFYv6 type records can point to an out of date site under domains but will point to the correct site based on the site setting (the “Custom domains” setting).

I did get the advertised value of the NETLIFY type records updated to show the current site (instead of deleting them) but that is purely a cosmetic change.

If there are any questions, please let us know.