Need help editing Netlify system DNS records

My Gatsby site, currently hosted on Netlify: https://zen-thompson-2e8a9f.netlify.app/
I have a URL, purchased through Netlify (www.wellchecksms.com) that points to this site.

Until I redesign the Gatsby site, I want any traffic to wellchecksms.com to go to another website that is not hosted on Netlify. To make that happen, I believe that I want to edit the DNS records for www.wellchecksms.com and wellchecksms.com. However, for both, I see a message that “This is a system record that cannot be managed directly.”

Support is appreciated.

hi there, We have just flipped the bit to enable you to delete that record. The reason we don’t by default is because we don’t want people to unintentionally take down their sites, so please make sure you have your other records in place before deleting! Let us know if you need anything else.

Thank you. I was able to delete the NETLIFY DNS records, add two A records and a CNAME and successfully see my desired website @ wellchecksms.com using Firefox. However, using Chrome or Safari, the site can’t be reached and I see the message: “www.wellchecksms.com’s server IP address could not be found.”

I don’t imagine this is a Netlify issue but any insight is appreciated. I’ve tried hard refreshes and using incognito.

Seems like I just needed to wait for DNS propagation.