"Looks like you've followed a broken link" when viewing site

That makes sense ! However in my netflify’s project page in the ‘build settings’ section I tried to add ‘code’ or ‘/code’ as the base directory and it doesn’t seem to work, also tried with the complete path ‘https://github.com/henridelozanne/space-tetris/code’ but I still have a ‘page not found’… Is there something else I’m missing ?

As it wasn’t working I modified my github project to set my sub-folder ‘code’ which contains the index.html as the main repo. I then deleted the ‘code’ base directory on netlify but I still have the ‘page not found’ message. Any idea what is wrong ?

thank you sir, the link you have sent in the above mail totally works. but when i log in through netlify main page, i still get the same error message. may be as you said i am still missing a index html page. how am i supposed to add that.

thank you

You can either make a new html file to your Github repository that you want to use as a homepage and call it index.html or rename a file already present in your repo to index.html . In the latter case, you’ll have to update your navigation, probably.

I cloned your repo, created a new site and left all the build setting empty. It deploys perfectly: https://naughty-bose-2a3616.netlify.com/. Maybe try starting fresh?

Indeed ! I created a new site from the modified github repo and now it works fine :slight_smile: Thanks a lot !

1 Like

thank you so much sir. all sorted! THANK YOU!

1 Like

@tomrutgers, I have the same problem with my site deployment. I am completely new at this and have no idea what I’m doing or how to fix my problem. Are you able to help me?

My repo is: github.com/mleonard97/Netpricecalculator

Hi @mleonard! It looks like you’ve added a zip file to your Github repo. Simply remove the zip from the repo and add its contents. Use the build settings @perry describes in the post above and you should be good to go.

1 Like

I think I made the correction in Github… but it’s still not working. It is a single page of html, so there is no directory or index page. My settings must be wrong.

Try renaming NetPriceCalculator.html to index.html.

done. Still not working. (I appreciate your help, by the way).

I cloned your repo, set up a site, left all the build settings blank and it works: https://silly-hermann-93cf4b.netlify.com/

Hmm. Ok, could there be a problem with my domain name? And I got some sort of fail error on my last edit to rename the html file.

That’s odd, I used the same commit for building my test site.Try updating your build settings (remove the public folder) and trigger a deploy manually. If it fails again, post the logs here. The custom domain might take a while to propagate (up to 48h).

ahh… shoot. I’m lost on how to remove the public folder. Where/how do I do that?

You can find the instructions here: Build configuration overview | Netlify Docs

It worked! Thank you! Thanks so much for your time. I appreciate your generosity.

2 Likes

yay! thank you @tomrutgers - glad its working now @mleonard!

1 Like