Local Netlify CMS with Netlify Identity shows remote repository posts instead of local ones

Hello! I’m new to Netlify CMS, so please forgive me if I’m asking a stupid question.

I’ve set up a local Netlify CMS using the beta feature local_backend, and can log into it using Netlify Identity from my production site.

However, the posts shown are those of my production site, while I’d like to have the ones of my local instance.

How do I do this? I can’t seem to find anybody else having my same problem, so it’s obvious I did something wrong, but I don’t know what.

Here’s my static/admin/index.html:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
    <title>Manage site content</title>
</head>
<body>
    <!-- Include the script that builds the page and powers Netlify CMS -->
    <script src="https://unpkg.com/netlify-cms@^2.0.0/dist/netlify-cms.js"></script>
    <!-- Include the script that integrates with Netlify Identity -->
    <script src="https://identity.netlify.com/v1/netlify-identity-widget.js"></script>
</body>
</html>

Here’s my static/admin/config.yml:

backend:
  name: git-gateway
  local_backend: true
  branch: develop

publish_mode: editorial_workflow
media_folder: static/images/uploads # Media files will be stored in the repo under static/uploads
public_folder: /images/uploads # The src attribute for uploaded media will begin with /uploads

collections: # A list of collections the CMS should be able to edit
  - name: "news" # Used in routes, e.g., /admin/collections/blog
    label: "News" # Used in the UI
    folder: "static/_posts" # The path to the folder where the documents are stored
    create: true # Allow users to create new documents in this collection
    slug: "{{slug}}" # Filename template, e.g., title.md
    fields: # The fields for each document, usually in front matter
      - {label: "Title", name: "title", widget: "string"}
      - {label: "Publish Date", name: "date", widget: "datetime"}
      - {label: "Body", name: "body", widget: "markdown"}

Could you please help me?

Hi @Bumblebee and welcome to the community!
The local_backend: true config should be at the root level. See: Beta Features! | Netlify CMS | Open-Source Content Management System

1 Like

Thank you so much @erez !! So obvious, yet I totally didn’t see it. Works like a charm. Can’t wait to test NetlifyCMS now!!

2 Likes