"link exists, all config must be empty"

Hi, @r-oland. Thanks for the follow-up.

I think the issue was that the custom domain was added to the site before the Netlify DNS zone existed. I say this because the NETLIFY/NETLIFYv6 records required do exist now. These records are only created when the custom domain is added to the site.

Those records exist now and are much newer than this conversation about this custom domain. It was adding them to the new site that created the required DNS records.

The other solution for this would have been to remove the custom domain from the previous site settings and to add it back again. This would have also triggered the creation of the required DNS records.

If there are other questions about this, please let us know.

Ah, that makes sense. I’m happy to say that everything is up and running right now.

Thank you guys for the assistance!

1 Like

Hi,

I need to add an A record too, could you please help me?

@benjamincotrel, I unlocked the records on the custom domain for the account associated with the email address of this community account.

If that wasn’t the correct domain name or if there are other questions, please let us know

I still get this message “dns_api neatro.io - neatro.io/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty”

I saw that I need to delete the NETLIFY records, but they are all linked to my website.

What will happen to my website URL if I delete them?

hi there,

if you delete the netlify records, your site will be unreachable until you add something to replace it.

the domain itself will not be affected - it’ll still belong to you - but it won’t point to anything properly until you set new records. Let me know if you need more information on this.

Hi, I need to add an A record as well. Could you please help?

Hi, @jillztom. We’ve unlocked all the NETLIFY type records for the domain under your account here:

https://app.netlify.com/account/dns/

If this needs to be done for a different custom domain, please let us know which custom domain needs the records unlocked.

If there are any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Hi @luke would there be any downtime when I delete the NETLIFY records and until the A record is propagated through?

hi @jillztom - yes, that is possible, which is why we don’t allow folks to delete them through the UI. If you immediately replace the record, you can keep any possible downtime as short as possible. For most customers, this is acceptable, but if you have a special case let us know.

Hi Luke!

I have a locked subdomain that’s not served in Netlify. I want to remove it from the Netlify DNS since it’s an important subdomain. The record name is [delivery.coffeeorcode.com] and my site name is romantic-neumann-8f7a7c.netlify.app .

Thanks!

hi there, we flipped a switch to allow you to delete this now. Let us know if you need any more assistance :slight_smile:

Hey @perry can you please also flip the switch for me for both my dns records “link.mixerevents.io”?

hi there, taken care of~

I appreciate you so much. I’m facing another issue and have been for some time now. I have a domain purchased through godaddy but I transferred it to Netlify and everything was working perfectly fine. But then someone on my team did something they shouldn’t have. They tried to use our domain for firebase custom hosting :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. this broke everything and now the site is down. The screenshot below is what I see when I visit domain settings (it’s been more than 24 hours and the nameserver values exist in godaddy), I’m not sure if you can provide some assistance on this? image

which domain is this regarding, swagbai?

The domain is mixerevents.io

Hi, @Swagbai. This domain is not using Netlify DNS at this time:

$ whois mixerevents.io | grep "Name Server"
Name Server: NS49.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS50.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS49.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS50.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

The DNS servers being used are the ones above, not the DNS servers for Netlify DNS.

There is a DNS zone configured for this custom domain at Netlify here:

https://app.netlify.com/account/dns/mixerevents.io

Note, there are no NETLIFY or NETLIFYv6 type records to unlock at this time for this custom domain.

Important note: The DNS zone above isn’t being used by your domain at this time.

It is an inactive DNS zone and we have a support guide about how to correct this issue here:

Note, you don’t have to use Netlify DNS to host your site with a custom domain at Netlify. You can also use the DNS at the registrar and use the external DNS instructions instead.(In other words, using Netlify DNS is optional.) Please use whichever solution you prefer and if there are questions about either solution, please let us know.

hi, @luke I am creating a new DNS record with the A record for my domain name but while creating it is raising the error “dns_api workpeer.in - workpeer.in/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty”. Although we didn’t have any A record type. Could please help why this error keep raising. For your understanding,

I am attaching the screenshot