"link exists, all config must be empty" bug

Hi,

I’ve been trying to add A & AAAA records for api.sugar-snap.dev to my account but keep getting “dns_api sugar-snap.dev - api.sugar-snap.dev/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty” errors.

I’ve deleted the domain “api.sugar-snap.dev” from my account and waited over twelve hours but the NETLIFY records for that subdomain still exist. From searching it seems that this is a common bug and the NETLIFY records have to be manually deleted by Netlify staff, is that correct? If so would you mind deleting the NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6 records for api.sugar-snap.dev please?

Thanks,

Sam

One day, you’ll be able to do it in the UI, but for the time being it’s something we take care of on our end. Should be done for you now :slight_smile:

That’s great. Thanks!

I’ve been trying to add A records to my account but keep getting “dns_api hotelbt.tk - hotelbt.tk/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty” errors.

kindly help me i want to add a custom domain name and when i tried to set DNS and tried to Add a new record of type A pointing it to 104.198.14.52 it says “dns_api hotelbt.tk - hotelbt.tk/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty”

Hi Can you please help clear mine as well?
dns_api squarekicker.com - squarekicker.com/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty

Thanks

Hey @squarekicker,
I’m showing that you got A records created for that domain, so I’m guessing one of my colleagues flipped the bit to let you delete your previous records? Let me know if that’s not the case or if we can help with anything else!