Keeping G-Suite Email changing CNAME

I’m making a website for my friend who’s using Google Domains and G-Suite for email and was previously using Squarespace for her site. Squarespace has now expired, I’ve made a static site and want to host it on Netlify. In order to get the site working on the domain registered at Google Domainss, whilst keeping the G-suite setup is it just a case of changing the CNAME to site-name.netlify.com?

1 Like

Hi,

Without knowing which domain, yes. You just need to create a CNAME record on your subdomain to your Netlify site, and create an A record on the bare domain (assuming you have one) with a value of 104.198.14.52. There should actually be instructions on how to setup DNS on your site’s domain page. You can also read more about this in our docs.

I am also facing a similar problem. I purchased my domain jaymistry.me on Godaddy and changed the nameserver values to Netlify name servers.

I was using GSuite with my domain but now it has been stopped as I migrated name servers. Please help me on how to activate my GSuite email service along with the Netlify site.

PS. I tried adding A record (Given by Google Admin Panel) but somehow Netlify is throwing a following error.

dns_api jaymistry.me - jaymistry.me/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty

Quick help would be much appreciated.

Hi @jaymistry63! Welcome to netlify community.

I see you have added MX records to your DNS zone on netlify. Are things working as expected now?

Yes. I guess it’s working fine now. Thanks laura.

I’m having the same problem. I’ve added all of my MX records but my email still isn’t making it to gsuite. I tried setting up the A record but am getting that link exists error like Jay had.

Hey Cory,

It’s probably easiest if you make a new post describing your issue and tell us your netlify username etc, so we can look you up. thanks.