To be clear, this may not be an issue. This may not be a CLI issue. This may just be me being dense.
When first testing
netlify dev, I noticed I had not set up redirects correctly for my site. I began testing and noticed that my changes were not being reflected unless I completely restarted the CLI.
I read the docs on telling Jekyll to include underscore files and adding this to my config:
This worked in that my generated _site directory got the copy, but didn’t address the problem while running
netlify dev. I noticed that changes to
/_redirects did not copy to
_site/_redirects until after I told Jekyll to generate a new build.
My site takes near ten minutes to build so for now I’m simply copying the file by hand while it runs, but I just wanted to share this in case it is a real bug, or I’m missing something obvious.