Is there any way to completely disable the invitation email that gets sent out by Netlify Identity?

As the title says, I’m looking for a way to completely disable the invitation email that gets sent out by Netlify Identity.

Hiya @sel & welcome to our community!

Unfortunately, no such feature exists today.

Could you explain your use case for wanting to do this so I can get an appropriate feature request filed? We’ll be needing to know the “why” rather than the “proposed solution” to do that :slight_smile:

Hi Chris. Thanks for letting me know.

Our agency develops web apps for events. On these projects, it’s likely that registrations come from a dedicated booking platform. We then use this data in a separate build once the booking phase is over.

With a lot of events now being virtualised due to COVID, we were looking for a way to add authentication to a Vue build without building a back end. GoTrue + Identity looked like the ideal setup but we just want to import data, not go through the whole invitation process again

Thanks so much for explaining @sel, makes lots of sense! We filed an issue on the GoTrue repo: Add ability to disable the invitation email that Netlify sends · Issue #259 · netlify/gotrue · GitHub as well as another issue internally for the use case you describe, which I’m sure many others have as well. I’ll update this post if there’s movement on the feature.