I’ve had a problem in one of my projects, which forced me to turn off password protection.
The site was password-protected, and the index.html contained this line:
<script src=“js/app.js” type=“module”></script>
Reproduction steps on iPhone:
- opened the site url, the password prompt was displayed
- typed my password, pressed enter, the homepage of my project was displayed
- there’s an error in the console saying the download of the app.js file was “cancelled”
- on the network tab of the web tools I can see the request for app.js got a 401 response (just headers, no body)
This issue was tested:
- on a physical iPhone (not sure what version) – fails
- on browserstack iPhone 11 iOS 13 – fails
- on browserstack iPhone 11 iOS 14 – works fine
Unfortunately, I can’t set up a demo of this issue right now (and can’t share the project site). Let me know if you need me to set it up.
Is there any workaround for this issue? Has anybody had the same problem?